Header Ads

ENGLISH TENSE LESSON 1

 Hi, I'm Rebecca, and welcome to this series

 on English tenses. In this program, you will learn how to use

each of the English tenses, step by step, so that you can communicate more powerfully and correctly and confidently in English. Now, when we say English tenses, what does that mean? Tenses are simply the way we talk about time in any language. So, for example, when we want to say when something happened, we're using tenses. If we're talking about the past, the present, or the future, we need to use tenses. And in English, there are twelve tenses. Don't let that frighten you. I'm going to explain it to you in a way that makes it much easier for you to understand and start to use each of these tenses. And that's how you will progress in your English. Okay? So, first, I've divided the tenses into six basic tenses and six advanced tenses. And I'm going to show you exactly the kind of patterns that exist throughout this tense system, so that as you go forward, many parts of it will become easier and easier. Okay? Alright. That's first of all. Now, in terms of what are these lessons actually like? In terms of the content - these are not short lessons. These are full, complete classes on each tense. Alright? Just as if - if you were in a language school in North America or England or Australia. That's the kind of class it'll be. A solid class on each tense. So, in these classes, I will explain, for each tense, when to use it and how to use it. We will do lots of practice so that you really feel comfortable using that tense correctly in terms of the grammar, in terms of when to use it. And also, we'll look at some common mistakes that students often make so that you don't make those mistakes. I've also created some bonus lessons where we compare different tenses. Because sometimes the confusion is not within the tense but between tenses. So, I've got some comparison lessons that will help you understand the differences. Okay? Next - so, how could you do this course? Here are my suggestions. First, make a plan, alright? Make a schedule for yourself. When are you going to watch them? And then, like any school, show up for class. Really, it's not just about wishing that you get better, or hoping that you get better in English. It's about making a decision and then taking the actions. So, you've already made the decision, because you're watching this, and that's amazing. Now, make the plan so you can take the action steps you need to reach your goal. Okay? That's first. Next - watch the lesson. Alright? Take your time with it. Don't rush through it, even if some part seems easy, watch it anyway. Let your brain get really comfortable and completely knowledgeable in that area, okay? And while you're watching, participate. What does that mean? Be an active learner. Make notes. Go get a special notebook, a special binder, just for this course, this program, alright? Take notes as you go along. Participate and repeat after me when I'm - when we're doing the pronunciation sections. Answer me when I'm asking questions, work on the exercises with me so that you are fully engaged and learning fully throughout that time, alright? Next - review. Whenever you have time or during the week or something like that, between your classes, review what you've learned. Go back - if there's any particular part you're not sure about, go back over it and just learn it again. Review it so that you'll feel really sure as you go forward into the other tenses. And it will make everything so much easier for you, okay? I know that this program will work for you. Just stay with it and show up and keep going through it, step by step, and I know that it will lead you to a higher level of English. How do I know that? Let me take just a few seconds to tell you a little bit about myself. My name's Rebecca Ezekiel. I've been teaching English for more than 30 years, and I've worked with thousands of students from all over the world to help them improve their English for academic purposes, business purposes, and all kinds of other reasons. Alright? I've also created lots of training programs for corporations and governments and schools and colleges. So, I assure you, you're in good hands. I understand you. I understand your challenges, but also your hopes and dreams in improving your English to really expand your life. So, let's go on this journey together and, most important, let's get started!eglis 

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

यह ब्लॉग खोजें

Blogger द्वारा संचालित.